My Fan Club

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just Write Tuesday #22

I'm sitting here listening to my daughters. They are supposed to be sleeping. They aren't. The boys in our family have all settled down and are now fast asleep. I'm including daddy in that list. I'm trying to work, but don't feel like writing about the goings on of school boards tonight. I'm trying to relax, but I've seemed to forgotten how.

Has that ever happened to you? I remember, as a child, how much it used to annoy me about my very own mother and now I find myself doing the same thing. I can't just sit, I can't be still, and when I try I realize just how tired I am. I look around and see that while I was out no one cleaned off the table, or picked the strewn about items up off the floor, or folded the ubber amount of blankets that we have.

It is hard for me to just sit whenever the house looks like this. I find it hard to craft when there is laundry is piling up around me. I find it hard to post anything worth reading.

1 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am there with you. When the day is over and the house is quiet a Mom's job is still not done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile