My Fan Club

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Vacation: What I'd like to accomplish

What do you hope to accomplish this summer?

I needed to finish up a few things at work this morning and I had a lunch time meeting. I told my kids to come up with three things they'd like to accomplish and complete them before I returned home.

The above is my nine year olds list. Isn't he a hoot?

This request got me thinking about what I'd like to accomplish prior to the end of summer vacation.

Declutter. This is pretty much a recurring theme of my life. The odds that much, if any, significant decluttering will occur are slim but putting it on the list makes me feel like it could possibly maybe sort of kind might get done and that makes me feel better.

Scrapbook. I'm tired of feeling guilty about wanting to scrapbook. I'm going to make 30 pages before school starts back up.

Spend time at the pool. I'm looking forward to the return of Poolside Perpective and quality time in chlorinate water.

Take a photo a day. I enjoy Instagram (follow me @kisatrtle) but I seldom post. While on break I'd like to try and take a photo a day. Here's today's.

Does the Lunchlady need her own blog? Thoughts? I've been debating about taking the lunch lesson in a new direction and having an all new Lessons From the a Lunchlady blog. I would still share my weekly lessons but I'd also talk about all things school nutrition. Would you read it?

It goes without saying that I'd like to blog a little more and visit all of you a little more. I hope to make a routine of these things. I'm planning some backyard fires and some visits with friends. I'm hoping to share a few awesomely cool memories with my kids and maybe even visit some old friends in Ohio.

I'm also planning to visit my sister whether she likes it or not.

How about you?

6 random thoughts:

~Wendy said...

Your post is so timely. I was thinking this morning that in just about two weeks I will know whether or not my job will continue at Lowe's. If it does, I have a set schedule, Monday through Friday, and I was thinking how I would like to best utilize my time.

I haven't made a list yet. I have some ideas... regular exercise and healthier meals are high priorities. I want to learn to use the grill to prepare more meals. I might get back to making it a requirement to read at least one nonfiction book a month too. I need to complete the stairwell renovation and the refinishing of the lawn furniture - those are "couple projects" for Scott and I to do together.

Overall -- I am looking forward to setting some new goals. :)

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Declutter is recurring in my home to. One day I will open my guest bedroom closet and not be horrified ;)

I am also hoping I can get back into a pic a day. I love instagram and use it a lot but not everyday.

septembermom said...

I hear that Instagram is addictive. I would like to join in that fun. I'm with you when it comes to decluttering. It seems to be my lifetime chore! I should make a summer list too. I'm looking forward to your poolside perspectives. Always enjoyable...

Moving with Mitchell said...

Ha!!! "My" 64-year-old would put "poop" at the top of his list, too! Poor guy.

Jon DeepBlue said...

HEY! This is summer break. How about dropping those &%#$@ to-do-lists for a change!

;)
Hugs
Jon

Connie said...

I hope you continue the Lunch Lady blog in some form or another. I too am a kitchen manager and I enjoy reading about how some things are the same no matter what part of the country you are in! Of course, you have the cute little elemtary kids and I have the sometimes not so cute middle schoolers...but in the end kids are kids and they DO say the darndest things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile