My Fan Club

Monday, June 4, 2012

2012 Graduation No. #1

Friday was the start of my graduation season.  If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you probably already know that I love graduation.  I usually cover at least a handful of them for the paper. 

Friday was the first of many and under the threat of severe thunderstroms and a tornado warning, I watched as nearly 400 young adults received their diplomas. 

There were six speeches, some better than others.  Students were encourages to be a linchpin--to be indispensible.

Student speakers spoke of dreams and the future.  There were quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt, from Seth Godin, even Walt Disney.  Sadly, no one quoted Dr. Seuss (a favorite of mine)

My favorite quote of the evening was spoken by the valedictorian and was a quote from Dumbledore, the headmaster of Harry Potter fame.  This years graduating class grew up with the Harry Potter stories.  Most seniors were born in 1995.


"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." ~ Albus Dumbledore


Are you dwelling on dreams and forgetting to live?



7 random thoughts:

Rebecca said...

our students graduated Friday and thank the heavens it did not rain on them

Julann said...

That is one of my favorite quotes, maybe because I love Harry Potter!

And I believe that sometimes we forget to just live and enjoy!

Moving with Mitchell said...

The absolute best quote for graduation ... or any day!

Jenners said...

Six speeches in one graduation? That seems excessive! I love the Dumbledore quote! Quite appropriate!

Cap'n Salty said...

What an awesome grad quote! I gotta agree with Jenners, 6 speeches does sound excessive, even for a class of 400.

Pat said...

Excellent quote!

Kristie Maynard said...

Great quote! As for living and dreaming, well right now things are so crazy that I'm just doing what I have to do. Dreams and life seem to be on hold right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile