My Fan Club

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pish Posh Get Fit Challenge: The Beach Version




Let's start with the good news. 

I started the edit on my new book and I am starting to like the protagonist.  I had concerns that I wouldn't be able to, but she is growing on me.  This book is significantly different than the book I wrote last year. 

The main character lost her entire family in a tornado when she was only eight.  The story revolves around her attempts to move forward nearly a decade later.

When this post goes live I will be on my way to the beach with some of my besties.  These women know how to bring me up when I feel down.  I love each and every one of them and I can't figure out why we only do this twice a year.

I plan on walking along the beach a lot this weekend and will update you next week on just how many miles I covered.  I also plan on scrapbooking and partaking in a lot of alcohol so that will most likely cancel out any excerise I get.  LOL




Now for the not so great news... I heard from the editor that threw me a worm last week.  Sadly she was not interested in my earlier book.  I was so hoping that she would give me a chance, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

Am I giving up hope...absolutely not.  I fully expect to receive a lot more rejections.  I am building up my resistance.

Thanks for checking in on me.  I hope to pop by your blog this weekend.

3 random thoughts:

Cap'n Salty said...

You know, if you'd be willing to edit/read my book, I'd be willing to do the same for you!

Kristie Maynard said...

Glad you are moving along on the book!
I know you love these beach trips, have a wonderful relaxing time. I'll be at a weekend long crop from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. My "sister from another mister" came from Toledo to attend with me. There will be 15 of us there and w are sure to have a ball.
Sorry that editor didn't work out, just the wrong one. It will happen!
Have great weekend!

Pish Posh said...

You are amazing!! I can't wait to hear about your wonderful trip - I hope it is fabulous and good for the heart and soul as well as for the thighs and whatnot :)

I'm so happy to hear about your feelings for your protagonist too. I know you were worried. I think a lot of writers feel like that, honestly. And when this book becomes a raving success you can revisit the older one and have more leverage for people to look at it. It is fairly arbitrary which book gets attention first. Happens a lot that the best work, the work closest to our heart, doesn't sink in right away with others. Don't give up -

hope you are having so much fun right now!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile