My Fan Club

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A few Reasons You Should Be Watching Once Upon A Time

There hasn't been a television show that I've truly LOVED since the season finale of LOST . When I found out that ABC would be launching this new series and that the writer's of LOST would be part of it, I could hardly contain my excitement.

Here's the gist, as I see it. Snow White has always been a thorn in the Evil Queen's side. The fact that she is alive even though EQ has tried to kill her more than once really pisses her off. She has decided now that Snow and PC are married and happy that she will stop at nothing to ruin it.

She creates a curse that puts all the fairy tale characters in a place worse than hell...um...Storybrooke, Maine. Time is frozen there. No one ages and no one remembers who they really are. The clock is stuck on 8:15. A brilliant shout out to the passengers of Flight 815 of LOST.

Even if you are not a fan of LOST, this show is compelling and so cleverly writen it will make you take notice. Here are just a few reasons I think you should watch.

This is Sheriff Graham. Personally, that is a good enough reason, but if you need more, I can provide. He appears to be the Evil Queen/Regina's huntsman. If you will recall, in Snow White the huntsman was conflicted by what he was told to do and what he knew was right. You like him even more now, don't ya?

Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gould is one of the most complex and cleverly written villians to ever make primetime. i mean he's no Dexter, but he is fantastic.

Emma Swan, the main character is portrayed by Jennifer Morrison, everyones favorite House character. She is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and the savior that will stop the curse. The fact that her name is Swan and that she will stop the black smoke curse is a direct shout out to the LOST writers. A sweet touch.

Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard is not you average Snow White. She isn't sitting back and waiting for life to happen to her. She is doing her best to give everyone around her "there best chance!"

Jiminy Cricket/Dr. Archie Hopper is worth a mention. He is 10 year old Henry's shrink. He gets the nod for best line in the pilot for "Giving into ones dark side never accomplishes anything?"

Of course, runner up would have to go to Regina/EQ for her line spoken to Emma Swan "Would you like a glass of the best apple cider in the county.". Everyone knows you should never take any apple products from the EQ. LOL

Finally, if you don't watch you won't be able to follow my oh-so-funny reviews which will begin next Tuesday and you don't wanna miss that.

Go catch up...you only have the pilot and episode two. Without giving it all away I will say that Epsiode 2 gives you a glimpes of maleficent and a handful of other villians, you see a brilliantly portrayed reaction of what it might be like to come face to face with your birth mother, you find out just how far evil will go and you fall further in love with the brilliant child actor Jarod Gilmore and his potrayal of Henry.

Oh...and you don't wanna miss Red Riding Hood and Ganny....so tune in!

6 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

I've seen the ads for this and considered it but we already have a full TV schedule. Maybe "Whitney" can get the ax.

Becca said...

I will be watching right along with you! I really like it so far and am hoping to get the hubs to start watching it with me to considering he was such a huge LOST fan as well.

Kristie Maynard said...

I guess I'll have to see if I can check this out "on demand" The guy who plays Rumplestilskin is a fabulous actor. He was in one of my favorites that isn't on any more... Stargate Universe.

Cap'n Salty said...

Ooo, I've seen the ads and have considered watching this, now I definitely have to. It sounds like something right up my alley!

Thanks!!

Rebecca said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show i'm addicted

Jackie O said...

The kids and I are hooked! We have fun trying to figure out who the characters are. Call me crazy, but I'm looking forward to finding out what Prince Charming's real name is. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile