- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Thursday, May 19, 2011
7:10 AM | | Edit Post
You are laughing, aren't you?
I know what you are thinking. Come on, now! NO ONE LOVES their boss.
On most days, my boss makes me laugh, makes me feel better about parenting, and refuses to fire me even when I'm trying to go home early.
Here are just a few reasons why you would want to be a lunch lady if you worked for S.
- My boss raised five daughters. Nothing my kids do hasn't already been done to her. She is a great sounding board when it comes to mother-daughter drama.
- She is generous to a fault. She gives her clothing to the school clothing drive, she buys gift cards for families that are struggling, she provides caps and gowns to students who can't otherwise afford them.
- She understands that I have a handicap when it comes to being able to stack items properly and often follows me around as I put dishes away and puts them away properly.
- She understands and appreciates my sarcasm.
- She is willing to give up her paid personal days to help a co-worker in need.
- She loves holiday napkins as much as the students do and pays for them out of her own money.
- My boss LOVES what she does and that makes it easy to work for her.
- She understands that I took this cafeteria job so I could still do things like go on field trips, paint faces on fun day and attend the 6th grade honor breakfast.
- She knows that no one is perfect and just shrugs it off when I miscount and make more than 30 extra lunches
- She is willing to have her hours cut and given to me so that we can continue to work together.
This post was inspired by a prompt on Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop
She is fabulous and you should go visit and give her comment love.
Labels: Mama Kat's writing assignment
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.