- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, April 22, 2011
8:54 AM | | Edit Post
This week was only four days long. We're on holiday break until next Wednesday. My weekend plans involve a lot of family so I'm planning on picking up some wine.
Here are a few things I learned this week:
- Ingredients are worth reading: We had hamburgers earlier this week. Two different cases arrived. I realize the pictures are fuzzy but even without looking you can clearly tell that one package contains little more than beef and the other package contains, not only a soy allergy warning, but about 12 things I can't pronounce. I brought this to the attention of our Food Service department and I'm hoping that I don't see Case No 9780 anymore.
- Syrup. It never fails. If a kid is going to spill their little, tiny syrup cup it's gonna land directly on their crotch. It's amazing how much syrup those little cups hold. I just send them straight to the nurse for new pants.
- Jelly Beans . My boss bought enough jelly beans and gummy bunnies for the entire school...even the packers. We waited until the first lunch wave was seated and then we delivered our holiday surprise. Much to our annoyance by the time the other waves started to arrive they all were very EXPECTANT of jelly beans. Lots of little kids saying, "Hey where's my jelly beans?" and "How come I didn't get no jelly beans?" Really? I realize they are at the age when fairness is key but give us a chance before you start demanding.
- The name game. I had a dream that we were going to start naming meals after teachers and other staff. This became a really fun game we played most of the week. Mrs. D's Delicious Potato Bowl, Mrs. Z's small snack of cheeze-its, Dr. P's perfect peas, Mrs. W's terrific tator tots. We might come up with a menu board for the start of next year.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.