My Fan Club

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Short Story: The Pledge of Allegiance

My son decided to say the supper time pray yesterday because his sister was stalling so he figured he would bail her out.

He cleared his 7 year old throat and with his head bowed and his hands clasped he said...

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the nine states of America..."

I stopped him and said, I think you mean the United States of America.

And he said "No I mean nine.  That's what my teacher says everyday."


Still laughing.

6 random thoughts:

Kristie Maynard said...

Oh this is precious!!! Just love kids and what they hear and say!
Please stop by my blog and pick up a blog award that I have there for you.
www.kristiekreates.blogspot.com

Cap'n Salty said...

You should ask him if she specified which nine! Haha! I love kids' selective hearing!

Becca said...

That is the funniest thing EVER!!! I love that instead of correcting him for praying the pledge of allegiance you corrected him about the nine states! HAHA!!!

Anonymous said...

out of the mouths of babes...lol

Jenners said...

Hilarious! This was fantastic! I love how kids mangle the pledge ... and apparently teachers too!

septembermom said...

Hilarious!! Kids do find their own ways of doing that pledge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile