- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Monday, February 28, 2011
5:00 AM | | Edit Post
I had a lot of trouble with patience this weekend. For multiple reason, I was short-tempered and irritated. Since making a list always makes me feel better, I thought I'd compile in list format what had me irked this weekend.
- Germs. Although I realize it is unreasonable to be mad at a virus, I was particularly irritated with the one that made my oldest daughter sick on her birthday.
- Fans. Daughter cheered at a basketball tournament this weekend and some of the parents of the 5th and 6th grade boys should be ashamed of themselves. Their behavior was so appalling that I may have to save the details for a blog post of its own.
- Hormones. I know, its kind of a chick cop-out, but I'm telling you I think I had a legal defense this weekend.
- Banquets. It was my son's first boy scout banquet this weekend. He's 7. I figured it would be about 1 1/2 hours. 3 1/2 hours later
- Cakes. My son needed to make a cake for the banquet. It would either be auctioned off or put in a cake walk. Really? He's 7. Why does he have to make a cake the same weekend I have to make a cake for oldest?
- Silent auctions. My MIL thought it was just a donation sheet and she put down the winning bid on the cake that my son brought. Seriously? Did we just buy the cake, make the cake and then buy the cake back? I have another cake at home!
- Sighing. People who sigh loudly rather than tell you that you are irritating them irritate me. We went to our school musical this weekend. We paid just as much for our seats as the little old bat behind us. The fact that my husband is 6'2 and my son is a squirmy little boy who loves to sing along is no reason to sigh.
- Volunteers. Why is it that my husband had to set up for the boy scout banquet, provide multiple dishes for the pot luck and help tear down from the banquet? I mean there were over 100 people there.
- Cake walks. Do you know what this is? It's musical chairs more or less and if you "win" guess what you get? A cake. Guess who was one of the winners? Middle daughter.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.