My Fan Club

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Angsty

Things that make me feel angsty (ie: fear, anxiety, rage)

  1. Kids who don't have winter coats.  We live in Pennsylvania.  This is NOT acceptable.  Talk to your social worker.  Visit a clothing bank.   Sign up for an angel tree gift.  Ask the cafeteria staff.  They are softies.
  2. Parents who don't get their children off the bus.  Seriously?  It's one thing to have a lazy elf on a shelf who forgets to relocate.  It's a whole other thing to completely fail to get your five year old off the bus.
  3. 500 students signed up for Christmas help.  I think I'm sad because I can only help 3.  I think I'm fearful because there may be some without help. On the list of one of my three?  A coat.
  4. Cheese sandwiches.  Unpaid cafeteria bills result in cheese sandwiches.

What is eating you?

7 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

whats eating me? Well today while out I saw a lady telling the man who was ringing his bell for the salvation army red buckets to stopo making a racket and leave people alone....so I guess I woulod have to say people who have a scruge mentality .

:)

Unknown said...

Sigh....I hate it that I am the only parent who walks with their kids to school....the bus thing would make me angsty too!

kt moxie said...

Wow. 500 kids? Wow.

Becca said...

Oh that just breaks my heart that those children don't have winter coats especially living in PA! Poor kiddos!!

Kristie Maynard said...

I live near Buffalo, NY so you know it's pretty cold here too. It is sad how many kids don't have adequate clothing. People think because we live in a nice suburb that the kids have everything they need. Not so. Very sad indeed!

Unknown said...

What happens if you like cheese sandwiches?

The lack of weather appropriate attire is one of those things that bothers me too.

Jenners said...

This is so sad and now I'm feeling angsty too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile