My Fan Club

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why I hate Chuck E. Cheese's


As previously posted, my van broke down on the way to Chuck E. Cheese's last week. My sister, our friend, G, and all seven of our kids were on our way there for an impromptu birthday party for my neighbor's son.
It became apparent on the way there that I was having significant automobile problems.
First the brake light came on.
Then the ABS light came on.
Then all the light went out.
Then the turn signals stopped working.
Then the radio stopped playing.
Then all things electric stopped working.
Just as we pulled into the pizza palace parking lot the entire van shut off and I drifted off to the side of the parking lot near the bushes parked in a very haphazard sort of way. Thankfully, I didn't lose G who was folling us in her van and had the other half of the kids.
We walked in and I told the only employee in the building, who we will call Trisha for this posting, that I wasn't drunk or incapable of driving but that I was parked that way because my van was malfunctioning.
Her response: "It's a public parking lot and I don't really care how you park in it."
Strike one.
The pizza arrived and as you know my nephew is diabetic. I said to Trisha "Can you tell me the carbohydrates in a slice of pizza."
Her response: "I have no idea."
Strike two.
My response: "We are going to need you to find out."
Trisha returns about 15 minutes later to tell me that the answer to my question is "Yes. The pizza has carbohydrates."
Strike THREE.
Are you kidding me? Did you seriously waste 15 minutes of my life and come back with an answer of YES. We know that it has carbs. It's bread. We need to know how many carbs so he can put the number into his pump.
She eventually returned with a nutritional print out that indicated 22 carbs per slice, but I find it hard to believe that a) we are the only people who have ever asked her this question b) that they legally don't have to post nutritional information, and c) that Trisha will be working at Chuck E Cheeses the next time I return.
Hubby came and rescued us. The van needed a new battery and alternator. Thankfully hubby knew how to install both of those and it seems to be running just fine now.
I think I saw Trisha smile with glee when our stint at the Chuck E Cheese's ended. After all, we were taking up about five parking spots, one of the kids with us threw up all over the bathroom, we forced her to learn about carbohydrates, and between the seven of them in our vans they earned about 21,647 tickets that she had to help them "spend."
Quite frankly, if I was her, I would have left after the vomit.

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

that does not sound like a fun time....I have always thought the giant mouse to be kinda creepy...lol

Jenners said...

I personally hate Chuck E. Cheese so any pain you inflicted on them is fine by me!

Unknown said...

Now I know why I have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese. Doesn't sound like a fun place at all.

In most states the eateries are being required to have the serving break downs available, so the request for the carb count wasn't out of line. (The answer of yes speaks more to a low IQ than anything else.)

Becca said...

That does not sound very good at all!

Karen and Gerard said...

That is one place where I would not want to work! I'm sure not too many people would ask how many carbs in something. Poor Trish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile