My Fan Club

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Update on the Hail Storm of 2010

As you know Mother Nature is a fickle bride or so I've read in a poem or two. Last March we had a hail storm that took us a little by surprise. Neither my husband nor I had ever shoveled hail before and though we heard it came in golf ball size this was the first time we ever saw it. It was like free dippin' dots from heaven. However those dippin' dots were a little destructive.

We figured we wouldn't see it again in our lifetime.

Then May 14th rolled around and we saw something new. Baseball size hail.


When it comes in the baseball size variety it's even more destructive. It slashes the shingles on your newly shingled roof. It punches holes in screens and siding. It dimples your vehicles.


In an ironic twist of fate, this year our insurance company sent an adjuster that was pleasant and easy to work with. He approved the damage in an acceptable amount in less than a week. Last time we had to argue and fight about the roof but this hail storm he offered no argument--no resistance.
Of course, this time the same contractors that couldn't believe the roof wasn't approved last time can't believe the roof was approved this time.
It's an Alanis Morrisette song for sure.


Both vehicles suffered damage too. Last time we had them both in the garage. This time we weren't as lucky.

Here's to no more hail for at least a few years!

6 random thoughts:

Becca said...

Man that stuff was huge!! I am glad that everything was taken care of!

Anonymous said...

Y'know, I have never seen hail that big before. To be honest, I could die happy having never seen it too!

Anonymous said...

Isnt the weahter crazy this yr....Im sitting right now in the crazziest storm, one of three we have had in two days.....ugggggggg someone get mother nature a drink.

septembermom said...

Why is Mother Nature giving you such a hard time this year???

Jenners said...

I've never seen hail that big!! YIKES!

Chantay Smithingell said...

189It’s a shame to know that your newly-shingled roof wasn’t spared. Well, at least you just have to repair some parts of it. You’re quite lucky compared to what happened to us a year ago when a tornado ripped off our roof. We had no choice at all but to purchase a new one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile