My Fan Club

Saturday, June 5, 2010

2010 Graduation #3

Yesterday's graduation was forced indoors because of the weather. We have been having some wicked storms and I don't think the decision to move inside was a shock to anyone.

I'm happy to report that I not only got a Dr. Seuss quote, I practically got a Dr. Seuss speech. A student speaker sprinkled some of his most famous quotes sporadically throughout her entire speech.

Quite frankly this made up for the other two graduations where Seuss wisdom was lacking.

My favorite?

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You"


Of course, it wouldn't be graduation season if someone didn't quote Henry Thoreau--too wonderful not to mention.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."


So I ask you my blogger buddies...are you authentic? Are you truer than true. Are you living the life which you have imagined?

2 random thoughts:

septembermom said...

I think I'm still imagining what makes me "me." Hopefully, I'll get to that truer than true stage soon :)

Jenners said...

I'm glad you finally got your Seuss!!

And I'm not sure I'm living the life I imagine but I do feel authentic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile