- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, June 4, 2010
2:52 PM | | Edit Post
There is only one more week of school left and the kids know it. They are wound up and ready for summer and I'm not sure there is any actual learning really occurring.
This week I learned:
- What happens to you at the end of the year when you don't pay your child's lunch account? Nothing. You get to go to work or to the gym or to Quiznos. Your child, however, gets a cheese sandwich and a milk. And I get to listen to them cry.
- Donuts with dad makes me sad. It was heart breaking to see all the little kids without dads in their lives come in for breakfast this morning. One little kindergartner told me that she doesn't have a dad. Shame on him he doesn't know what he is missing
- Fruit snacks are considered a fruit serving. In what world?
- Fresh veggies that arrive more than a week before you need them aren't really fresh. Who thought sending us our produce last Thursday was a good idea? Ummm...the cucumbers literally disintegrated in my hand today. And just for the record, you need more than one head of cauliflower and one head of broccoli to feed 200 kids. The veggie trays were a joke.
- Having a working dishwasher ROCKS!
- There is a strong possibility that I may loose my mind before next Friday. The kids are wound up, the teachers and staff our low on energy, and I'm serving cheese sandwiches. What could be more fun??
Happy Weekend. Look for my 2010 Graduation Quote #3 first thing tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the festivities remain outside but the weather is again threatening to change that.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.