- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
9:28 PM | | Edit Post
This week and last week have been a blur. I feel like I'm in constant motion both at work and at home. I can't seem to catch up on anything. So this week I learned:
- Taking Friday off and traveling to North Carolina and back by Sunday will not make you feel rested. In fact, you may even feel more tired than you did on Thursday.
- Suggesting that students may be more likely to eat the rolls if they were warmed a little is like suggesting the cafeteria serve Rabbit. Much resistance will occur.
- The FDA regulates what schools can and cannot serve. I do not think anyone from the FDA has ever had to eat school lunch. If they did, they would know that a) french fries aren't vegetables and b) having them 3 times in one week is just plain disgusting.
- If a child gets a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a water and a cup of fruit this somehow meets FDA regulations, but chicken and rice doesn't....it needs more bread. WTF?
- The part of the state I live in serves something called a "Walk Away Taco". Are you familiar? Me, either. I was surprised to learn that tomorrow I will be offering a bag of Doritos, a cup of cheese, a cup of taco meat, some salsa and maybe some lettuce for lunch. The idea is to dump all the toppings into your Doritos bag and instant taco.
- We're also serving baked beans....I think they count as the vegetable. LMAO. Of course, that's not as funny as Doritos qualifying as bread is it?
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.