- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, January 29, 2010
5:27 PM | | Edit Post
This was my first full week of school in a long time. It was exhausting. Between school holidays and sick kids I haven't had to work five days in a row in a month. This is what I learned this week.
- No matter the combo, kids will eat it. We served BBQ ribs, broccoli soup and chocolate pudding and the kids liked it.
- Lettuce doesn't clean up very easily.
- No matter how many times you explain things to elementary students explaining them again is a requirement. Even though we are approaching the 100th day of school some students were surprised to learn they had to pay for milk.
- If you stuff a cheeseburger into a pita you can call it a gyro and pretend that it is a greek meal.
- I learned that if you live in PA you must own camouflage. That way you can be prepared when your elementary school has "Camo Day".
What did you learn this week?
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.