My Fan Club

Friday, November 20, 2009

Things I learned this week in the cafeteria


It's time once again to tell you what I learned this week in the cafeteria. This week has been quite stressful for multiple reasons.

  • Serving Thanksgiving dinner to elementary age children encourages waste. I think only two kids out of 200 ate the stuffing.
  • Half days are twice the headache.
  • When the head cook takes a personally day prepare for hell.
  • Computers seldom do what you expect them to do.
  • People will try to get away with anything if they think they can. For example, when the head cook was off the substitute making breakfast tried to take 100 chocolate milk with her to her building leaving me with about 50. We use more than that at breakfast. WTF?

Needless to say, I am happy this week is over. My middle daughter has been fighting a fever on and off all week. Traveling for my gram's funeral didn't help the situation and now she has pneumonia.

I think our weekend plans will include a lot of rest.

3 random thoughts:

septembermom said...

Hope you get lots of rest. You must be exhausted. Too bad that half days aren't a treat for you too. I'm sure you're looking forward to a few days off. You deserve it.

Kimi said...

Being sick is awful. We've had colds around here. YUCK.

I love stuffing. In fact, I love it so much that I hope my kids decide they hate it this year at Thanksgiving so that it will leave more for me.

Becca said...

I love reading what you have learned in the cafeteria that week. It is so hilarious!

I am so sorry your daughter is sick. I hope she gets better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile