My Fan Club

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I learned at the cafeteria this week...

image from the book 12 Terrible Things by Marty Kelley

I am happy to report that the kids (and I) are off of school tomorrow and Monday. Something to do with end of the marking period, give the teachers some time to do grades. Whatever. Sounds good to me.

That means a short work week this week and next. Yeah.

Here are a few things that I learned this week at the cafeteria:

  • Bagged lunch day is awesome: Third grade had a field trip this week and we got to make bagged lunches for everyone. No trays and very little dishes. Doesn't get much better than that.
  • Tuna is more popular than expected.
  • Turkey and Gravy over Waffles? WTF? I thought it was over biscuit. Wow what a mess! K-3 should never be given gravy.
  • If the head cook takes off you may be expected to come in at 7 a.m. to make the donuts...I mean french toast sticks. Memo to those in charge: Ain't ever gonna happen...
  • Corn is persnickety: I expect to find stray kernels for the next week.

What did you learn this week?

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

persnikity corn....lol

Tracie said...

Yeah. Gravy doesn't sound like a good idea.

Becca said...

I love reading all about your ventures as a lunch lady. They always crack me up!

Stu Pidasso said...

That is hilarious!! I never dreamed of seeing life and all it's garnered wisdom from the eyes of the lunch lady. And astute, too! Well done!

Jenners said...

HAHAHA! I love that you used that picture from the book! And then you had gravy too!!! : ) Your lunch lady wisdom just cracks me up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile