My Fan Club

Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Update - picnics, birthdays and drill bits in your thumb (**updated with pics)

Hopefully I will get to post some pictures later for this post. We had a whirlwind of a Saturday traveling six hours round trip for a family reunion/picnic. It was a nice time and a celebration of my husband's grandmother's 95th birthday.

Almost all of her children, grand children and great grandchildren were there.

I think she had a really nice day.

The weather was good and the day turned out great.

On Sunday, the kids and I went to the pool and my hubby did some repair work on our fence. His drill slipped and the bit went into his thumb nail. To say it looks gross would be such an understatement.

He let me take a photo, but you really can't SEE it. Thankfully he had a tetanus shot last year.


What did you do this weekend?

5 random thoughts:

Janis Lewis said...

OUCH!

septembermom said...

Ooh, that must have hurt! Glad that the birthday was fun for your husband's grandmother. 95 is terrific!

Becca said...

Oh gross! That is so nasty and a bet it hurt a lot. That is awesome your husbands grandmother is still going at it at 95! SOunds like she had herself a great birthday!

Angela said...

Ouch! Poor guy!! 95....WOOHOO!!

Shannon said...

My thumbs are hurting just looking at it! OUCH!!!!! wow, 95...hope I do so good!

Blessings!

word is: leurl, which is the sound a man makes when he sticks a drill bit into his thumb! (not pointing any fingers...heheheh...or thumbs...hehehe!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile