My Fan Club

Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Update - ALS Walk, Visiting with Friends & Taking on clutter childfree

I went to the ALS walk with my kids this weekend. It is an annual event for our family. My aunt passed away for the insidious disease in 2005 and we all raise funds and walk together in her honor.

It is usually an amazing time.

Visiting my home town gives me a chance to catch up with my oldest of friends. I've been friends for more than 20 years with the two women in this photo. We have laughed together, cried together, raised children together and been there for each other. I would do anything for them.


My friend, Bobbie (in the blue stripes) just had a little girl in May (she's in the middle); her husband and son are on the far right and her sister is in the middle.

No matter how long it's been since we've seen each other we always pick up right where we left off. There is never any awkwardness.

Gotta love that.



Princess E --- isn't she sweet!


Here is a photo of my MIL and my son at the ALS walk. He was tickled because the clown made him a balloon sword. When you are five there are few things better than balloon swords.


Here's all three Gs showing off their face paintings. Middle G is also holding up her balloon turtle that she could wear on her wrist. (I had the clowns make me one too..LOL)


I really like this photo of my kids and my cousin's daughter. It was her grandmother that died from ALS.
As for the rest of my week, I am taking on some clutter! My kids are spending a week (A WEEK!) at their grandmother's house and I plan on getting rid of some unnecessary crap! Wish me luck as I already feel like I've bit off more than I can chew!
What did you do this weekend?

4 random thoughts:

Crystal said...

Good luck on the clutter! We did that last week and had a MASSIVE yard sale this week and some craigslisting! Good thing is we made about 1200 bucks and still have four bags to take to Goodwill! WOOHOO! THat will pay for the tv and printer that is going out and for a new bedding suit for little miss since she is going to a big girl bed in two weeks!

Jenners said...

We had a friend whose brother passed away from ALS. Took less than a year from diagnosis until he died. Horrible horrible disease. We contribute to their walk efforts every year and hope to walk this year with them.

Enjoy your decluttering, kid-free week! Woo hoo!

septembermom said...

I cleaned my clutter today too! Felt good to get rid of a lot of junk. My 12 year old would love a balloon sword too, I'm sure! Great photos this week. I hope that all the ALS walks raise tons of money.

Becca said...

That is so great that you still have such a wonderful relationship with your friends after all the time that has passed!

Cute pics of the kids as always. Balloon swords and animals are the best! Ha, I love that you added that the clown made you a turtle too!

Hope you enjoy your kid free week and that you are able to accomplish a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile