My Fan Club

Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday High Five - What I learned at camp this week

For this week's Friday High Five, I thought I would share some of the things I learned at camp this week.


Taking time to stop and actually look a the sunset is refreshing and spirit renewing. Especially when it is not raining.




I love pictures where my husband is actually smiling. His sister and her kids came to camp for the day and we went on a little hike around the lake. It was so fun! We found these big boulders and took this awesome family photo.




No matter how old I get I just can't seem to get enough butterflies. They are so pretty and the fact that they get to morph from their old self and turn into something new shows us the promise of change.




Though I will admit to all of you, I don't enjoy sleeping in the woods, I still find the forest a wonderful place. As Disney would say...there's something enchanting about being in the words.

Other things I learned over the course of the week include:
  • Geese wake up very early. They are louder than most alarm clocks.
  • The harder I try not to have to pee in the middle of the night the more likely I will have to pee multiply times.
  • I should sit by the fire with my family more often.
  • It is true...I am a fair weather camper and my spirit is affected by the weather. Thankfully we only had one late night storm and the days were all pretty.

How was your week? To read more Friday High Five blog entries click on the button below.

Angela's Adventures

2 random thoughts:

Christy said...

Looks like a wonderful week. I am a bit jealous. I am way too pregnant to camp, so we haven't gone this year. Oh, well there is always next year. I LOVE the family photo. Everyone looks so happy.

septembermom said...

Your pee comment cracked me up! The family photo came out really nice. I love butterflies too. I'm glad that this trip turned out well for you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile