My Fan Club

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tea with Me - a visit with my high school self

Sneaky Mama posted a question on her blog that intrigued me.
If you ran into your former high school self what would she/he think of what you have become?
Here are five things I imagine my former self saying to myself today.
  • I really thought you would have published a book by now. You were so passionate about it. What happened?
  • What have you done to your hair? You always hated short hair?
  • I'm surprised, but kind of happy, that you decided to stay at home to raise your kids.
  • You really don't talk to anyone from high school? Just occasionally on Facebook? What's Facebook?
  • You made a good choice in husbands.

Five things I would tell my high school self.

  • All of those kids that picked on you for being tiny, short and small-breasted are now fat and miserable and desperate to be your friend.
  • Smoking never made you look cool, just uneducated.
  • Dark eyeliner does not bring out the green in your eyes, but it does, on the other hand, make you look strikingly like Ozzy Osbourne.
  • Staying at home with your kids is a more fulfilling career than any 8-5 job.
  • Hang out with your sister more, you are going to miss seeing her when you are both adults.

What conversations would you have with your former self?

3 random thoughts:

septembermom said...

I was one of those Ozzy eyeliner gals too! You should have seen my eye shadow back then. And crazy pants! Leopard, I believe!

Unknown said...

Oh dang I could save myself so much grief if I could give myself about a million pages of advice. But then I might not be with my hubby and happy so I have to just let things be. :)

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Hahaha! That's awesome and funny... A very nice take on a perspective-check too.

What kind of book have you written, or would you write?? I think that's part of what I'm struggling with right now -- the sense of loss when something I used to be passionate about becomes less important, and trying to figure out when it's ok for priorities to shift, and when I actually should be trying to rediscover that passion... But yeah, you should totally get on that book thing! I'm first in line for reading / copy editing!! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile