My Fan Club

Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Update -- My Secret Valentine's Day Getaway


My hubby took me to New York City for Valentine's Day! Isn't he so sweet? I'd never been there before.

I had no idea where we were going and started to get a little nervous when we parked at the Newark, NJ airport. I mean it is one thing to not know where you are going...it is another thing to fly there. LOL

We took the train into the city and walked to our hotel which was in the theatre district. On Friday night we saw "Mamma Mia"; it was quite funny and had very upbeat music.
On Saturday we went on a bus tour and took a ferry out to the Statue of Liberty. It was quite chilly on the ferry, but really neat to see the statue that close up.



This is a picture of the traffic from the tour bus window. Just think this is what it is like on a Saturday afternoon. I'm kind of glad I didn't see it on a business day. LOL
Saturday night we went to dinner at a brewery and steakhouse and then went to see "Wicked". This show was amazing. After watching it you see the Wizard of Oz in a whole new light. It asks the question "Are you born wicked? Or is Wickedness thrust upon you?" It was sooo amazing. It even had flying monkeys.


Needless to say, we had a really great time and it was just what we needed. A break from the kids and time to remember why we fell in love in the first place. It's truly an amazing place to visit, but I'm sure glad I don't live there.

4 random thoughts:

Shannon said...

Wen,
I am sooooo jealous!!! I went to NYC back in August of last year and I tried to get tickets for Wicked, even stood in line for the lottery but did not get chosen. We saw Legally Blonde instead. It was really cute and I totally enjoyed it. Sounds like you had an awesome time, even if you were freezing your heinies off! LOL I have the book for Wicked if you want to read it...I can send it off to you in a jiffy, it is really good. It will probably fill in a lot of details that the musical could not fit in. Tell your hubby that I said he is "a good man, Charlie Brown!"
Blessings!

Word for today:
"cynymp" (si-ni-em-pee)
This is an Israeli soldier who stops cars at the Sinai checkpoint.

Jenners said...

Wow! Two shows, a surprise trip, no kids, a wonderful city! Amazing and awesome! Your man came through big-time! I am so happy for you!!! Maybe next time you can go back when it is a little warmer!!!!

Mel said...

We went to NYC last year - last march to be exact. Happy Anniversary to us! What a trip. I lOVED it... Just glad I don't live there.

Glad you had fun.
Mel

MaryNSC said...

O MY gosh I would faint dead away..
I do good to get to go to BIG LOTS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile