My Fan Club

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let's talk resolutions and the status of your loo

Obviously, I'm not the only one who has trouble keeping their resolutions. There are probably books about why resolutions are really bad ideas. They are, however, fun to make even if the odds are stacked against you.



Exercise. Geez, I hate that word. I joined a gym a few months ago. My friends convinced me that it would be something fun we could all do together. Yeah, right. So far that hasn't happened all that much. So I'm going to resolve not to waste my money in 2009 and actually try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week. Don't laugh, I probably won't even make it that many times. As part of this, I'm actually going to try to eat a little better (she types while laughing).



Yell less. This is a tough one for me. I tend to nag and yell and I don't really like myself when I do this. I'm constantly telling my kids to brush their hair or their teeth or to clean up their room. I'm starting to get on my own nerves. I'm pretty sure they no longer hear me so enough already. Say it once.



Clutter. Repeat after me. We have too much STUFF. I feel like Stuff-Mart has exploded in my house and the stuff it left behind has actually come to life and started procreating. Where are all the missing socks? How much shit can I pile on top of my kitchen island before it is no longer considered an island. How many junk drawers should one family have? Why do we have toy boxes when toys never visit them? Is it possible to actually keep all the pieces to our board games? I need to get rid of some stuff!



Scrapbooking. Call it what you want...a hobby, a way to spend leisure time, an opportunity to get together with friends. Scrapbooking at it's core is an addition. I always need more stuff. See above. My goal is to make some actually pages this year using the stuff I already have.



Housekeeping. Imagine if you will random housekeeping checkups, sort of like sobriety check points. This would actually make a great reality TV show...but I digress. How many of us would pass right now if some English woman wearing white gloves came to the door and said, "Pardon me, but may I use the loo?" (Awesome name for said reality show if I do say so myself). Are your bathrooms spotless? Is all your laundry put away (is that possible)? I need to do a better job around this place.



That's my list. I'm sure to fail. If you comment at all during January be sure to ask me how clean my loo is! Happy New Year.

5 random thoughts:

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

We have the same resolutions! I will keep checking in to see if you are more successful than me!

Sandra said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Your sense of humor is great!

By the way...

May I use the loo?

Jenners said...

Oh Lord! If someone came unexpectedly to my house with white gloves, I'd run out the back door! That would be a good show, wouldn't it? As long as I wasn't on it!

Los said...

I tend to be a packrat too, for some reason ... I have a tough time throwing things out ... my wife hates this.

Enfys said...

Hilarious reading as usual. I could be the English lady at your door asking for the loo (I don't wear white gloves though) - we could have a wonderful time discussing our housekeeping shortcomings/character flaws over a nice cup of tea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile