My Fan Club

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Things that are important to me


When I was growing up, my aunt and uncle lived just one house away from us. My cousin's and I ran back and forth between that neighbors yard often. One to many times for a really large Irish setter once...LOL

My cousin has had are rotten hand delt to her lately. After losing her mom to ALS in 2005, she recently lost her husband. Every year we walk in honor of her mom, my Aunt, in the Walk to D'feet in my aunt's hometown. I'm keeping a blog of my walk progress. You can find the link on the right hand side of this post, labeled My ALS walk blog.
It would mean a lot to me, as well as my cousin, to know that some of you were checking in.
I'm not asking for money, ***though I certainly won't refuse it ***SMILE*** I'm just asking for a "keep up the good work" and to hear that what we are doing matters to more people than just our family to whom it matters greatly.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile