My Fan Club

Monday, March 24, 2008

Catching up with old friends

Me and the family at Easter, just before church.


Did you ever really miss talking to someone and out of the blue they call you up and you think "How did you know that I needed to talk to you?" That happened to me today when my dear friend Sam called. We haven't seen each other in five years. How can that be? We talk every couple of months, and we email more often than that, but nothing beats a phone call. The sound of someone's voice from miles away. Oh how I'd love to see her again. Our kids barely remember each other and they used to hang out together all the time, nearly every day. I've never met her youngest two and she hasn't met my baby and he's four already. How time flies. We are going to try to come up with a halfway point from my house and her house and meet up this summer sometime. I'd really like that. Nothing beats a long weekend with a dear friend. Call someone up today that you haven't talked to in a while. You'll be glad you did.

0 random thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile