- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
8:40 PM | | Edit Post
I'm having a heck of time keeping up with my blog. I'm having a heck of time visiting all of yours. At first I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized that.
- I work full freakin' time. Of course if you asked my husband about this he would say "by choice." Still pissed off about that one.
- I'm still writing part-time for the newspaper. This might not be the most effective use of my time, but damn I love having a byline. It might be some sort of sickness that I am having trouble giving it up.
- Three kids live with me and they keep expecting me to feed them. This is becoming increasingly difficult as I haven't yet made it to the grocery store.
- My housekeeper is AWOL. Ever since my BFF got a housekeeper I have been incredibly jealous. I mean sure she only comes one day, but dang...one day would be fan.freakin.tastic.
- I am suffering from a severe case of blog envy. I've been told I'm funny. I've got a fair shake of funny, sentimental, crafty and ranty on this blog, but yet the comments rarely come. I totally love my fan club (they know who they are) and they comment always, even when i can't seem to return the favor because of all of the above. AND I LOVE THEM! I just wish there were more of them.
- November is filled with what feels like one half day after another. Holy Moly--there are a lot of half days of school in November.
- Thanksgiving is next week. We're hosting. I'm most thankful that my husband likes to cook turkey as there is no way I'm touching that thing, let alone eating it.
- Is it really time to talk about Christmas? Ever get the feeling that your kids are spoiled rotten and don't deserve much, if anything, for Christmas. Is it wrong that I'd just like to get them socks and underwear and wrap up all the shit they don't play with but asked for last year?
- NaNoWriMo. Seriously?? Don't I have enough to do? Why am I writing another book? I'll tell you why...because Ally and Sue (the two main characters) won't LEAVE ME ALONE. For all my non-writing friends, no I haven't lost my mind. For all my writing friends, you know what I'm talking about. They show up in your dreams. They bug you while you're looking for mac & cheese in the freezer. They holler at me for writing this blog post instead of writing their chapter. Crap.
- PTO is sucking the life out of me. If one more person complains about fundraising, fall fest, fun fest, conference dinners, allergies, time management, membership, or field trips, I'm going to punch them.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.