- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, September 21, 2012
5:54 PM | | Edit Post
Happy Friday! This week was a bustle of excitement in the cafeteria. We had some of our largest counts to date and I think the kindergartners are starting to get the swing of things.
Here's what I learned.
- Peanut Butter Popsicle: It's important to get the frozen uncrustables out of the freezer as soon as you come in. If you don't, you will realize at lunch time that you have no alternate and will have to change to yogurt munchables. Turns out some kids like yogurt, cheese and goldfish crackers more than pizza. BONUS.
- There is no macaroni on my tray, said a little kindergartner who took the wrong lunch by mistake. It truly is disappointing when you sit down and realize everyone's lunch looks better than yours.
- Who's your teacher? I asked a first grader in the lunch line this week who her teacher was. Her response, "I have no idea but it's that lady right over there." Seriously? It's almost been a month?
- Celery kicked Green Beans Ass: In an unprecedented match up, Celery came from behind to literally kick the crap out of green beans in a head to head. I guess even after four years I can still be surprised.
What did you learn this week?
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.