My Fan Club

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pish Posh Get Fit Challenge Week Four

I'm linking myself up again with Pish Posh's Get Fit Challenge and I am encouraging you all to do the same.

Do you have any left over New Year's resolutions that are nagging at you? Do you find yourself complaining more than rejoicing? Do you need to write more? To whine less? To take your own advice and avoid people who make you unhappy?

Link up with Pish every Thursday. We can encourage each other. We can share our successes and our failures. She's giving away a cool prize and best of all when it ends, you might just be in a better place than where you were when it started.

PERSONAL GOALS

My new novel took a back seat to studying this week. I needed to focus. I am still determined and plan on hitting it hard this week! I still feel very confident that I can reach my 50,000-55,000 word goal by May 10th.

I have been ignoring my physical goals. I am trying to monitor my calorie intake, but my physical activity is lacking. My hubby is redoing our basement and has moved the treadmill and I am just using it as a welcome excuse. Shame on me.

PROFESSIONAL GOALS

I feel confident that I did fairly well on my ServSafe test. I am happy it is behind me. I promise to update you as soon as I get results.

MENTAL HEALTH

My mental health is improving. Slowly.

Hubby is home but my house has been invaded with LOTS of company and it is an adjustment to say the least. I am trying to adjust my attitude accordingly.

However, it is still exhausting.

It is still draining.

It still makes me feel like I am not doing anything well.

That being said, I am taking one day at a time and I am trying to enjoy each moment. I tell my kids every morning, make it a good day the choice is yours and I am trying to follow my own advice.



2 random thoughts:

Cpeezy said...

Wow working on a novel is so hard and draining. I am working on a novella at the moment (I'm at 30 pages or so) and it weighs on my mind 24/7. It is like the world we create as writers is carried around on our shoulders! I have to take breaks from it at times just to "re-boot". That's great you set a goal for yourself with this and the amount of words you want to reach by may. Don't beat yourself up too much about exercise. Start slow and easy and work it up to a habit.

Pish Posh said...

Some weeks are harder than others! I can't wait to hear about your test results - and about how good you feel once the treadmill is useable etc. It sounds like what you REALLY need though is rest, some time to yourself, and something nice for you. You're working, on your feet, and tired, not to mention invaded with people (which is emotionally exhausting). Why not do something just for you to get away? Take a walk? Go for a drive? Visit a museum or botanical garden or see a movie alone. Or even better just go somewhere quiet and indulge. Just a few hours to yourself might be restorative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile