My Fan Club

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pish Posh Get Fit Challenge -- Week 3

I'm linking myself up again with Pish Posh's Get Fit challenge and I am encouraging you all to do the same.

Do you have any left over New Year's resolutions that are nagging at you? Do you find yourself complaining more than rejoicing? Do you need to write more? To whine less? To take your own advice and avoid people who make you unhappy?

Link up with Pish every Thursday for the next 10 weeks. We can encourage each other. We can share our successes and our failures. She's giving away a cool prize and best of all when it ends, you might just be in a better place than where you were when it started.

PERSONAL GOALS

I'm still plugging away on my new novel. This week it hasn't been on the front burner. However, I feel very confident that I can reach my 50,000-55,000 word goal by May 10th.

I haven't been all that physically active this week. I mean I'm on my feet for at least five hours a day, but what little time I had been spending in the treadmil has dwindled. I did, however, walk 3 miles over the weekend at a benefit walk for my nephew. If you count the 600 I drove round trip I covered a lot of ground this week.

PROFESSIONAL GOALS

My dreaded ServSafe Certified is this Monday and I'd still like to prove to myself that I'm not as dumb as I think I am. That being said, I still need to retain a lengthy list of foodborne illnesses and their causes which include things like Bacillus cereus gastroenteritis, Shigellosis and Cryptosporidiosis.

MENTAL HEALTH

My mental health has been pretty low this week. I wrote about one of the reasons and the other one stems from the fact that my hubby has been traveling more for work in 2012 than he has been home.

It is exhausting.

It is draining.

It makes me feel like I am not doing anything well.

I am not mantaining the house well.

I am not parenting well.

I am not writing well.

I am not even cooking processed chicken well, let alone learning all the acurate holding times.

Here's hoping that once he returns and I get this stupid test off my list that things start to turn around because as of this post, I'm officially getting on my own nerves and that can't possibly be good.

4 random thoughts:

Lynn said...

Hey, Hang in there, I'm sure having the hubby away often surely can be exhausting and draining. Not leaving a lot of time or energy for much of anything. Good Luck on your test....and keep on writing.

Pish Posh said...

Aw, I feel for you. Sometimes everything seems like a complete bummer. The processed-chicken cooking thing made me smile, because I know what that feels like. Life isn't going great, things don't feel good, things feel blue and stressful, and then something as simple as cooking doesn't turn out perfectly and you think, THAT'S IT!! That's the last straw, I suck as a human being. That's how I feel anyway.

So silly. Man that test sounds hard. Are you doing flashcards? My mom had to take nursing tests and I couldn't even understand the words she was saying - like the ones you listed. You are NOT dumb. This is hard! I really believe you can do it though!

And soon this will be over with, and hubby will be home, and things will feel a little better, and you can practice your cooking. How about not cooking processed chicken anyway? Yech ;) I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I think you might be being a tad hard on yourself?

Anyway, so the walking with your nephew is awesome. Was it fun? And you are standing up all day. You just want to sit down. I understand that. Can you swim or do a stationary bike maybe while you read and relax?

Do what makes you feel good. Let's hope this next week is better for everyone. I am dreading Monday for my own reasons. GOOD LUCK Wendy!!

Kristie Maynard said...

I think you are a lot smarter than you think you are. It sounds like you are working your hardest and that is all you can do, your best.

I totally understand where you are coming from when you talk about hubby being away. This is how I've spent my entire married life. My hubby does art shows for a living and does very well with it, but he is away a lot. When the kids were younger it was more difficult, but even with them older and pretty much adults, it's still tough.

Right now is his busiest season, many weeks he comes home on Monday and leaves again on Wednesday, sometimes Thursday. But I get through it, always have and I'm sure you are doing a great job with the kids. In the long run, you'll see that you did just fine, it's just tough while you are dealing with it.

Good luck with the test on Monday, just do your best!

Wendy said...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
You are an amazing person
and I am a horrible poet!

You are a very strong person and will get through this. You will do amazing at the test and will rock at the manager job, just like you do as PTO president, mom, wife, daughter and FRIEND.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile