My Fan Club

Friday, November 25, 2011

Lessons from the Lunchlady: the tomato isn't even a vegetable



In honor of the fact that our very own US Congress decided this week to allow tomato paste to count as a vegetable serving I thought we would take a moment to mourn.

We are raising the first generation of children that will not live longer than the generation before them.

We are failing our kids.

All in order to protect the almighty dollar.

It deeply saddens me.

Wake up Congress. Wake up.

7 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

Amen to that!

DeepBlue said...

OUCH!

Do you think the Congress is listening?

Quite depressing, although the video is quite funny!

Have a great weekend... anyways!
Hugs
Jon

Anonymous said...

Congress should eat from the kids menu!

Anonymous said...

they/we all need wake up, before it is to late :(

Pat said...

Okay - you had me going there for a minute. I really thought this was from School House Rock. I never saw those because they came out after I was grown (I believe). When this video started using swear words, I was like, Really? They swore in School House Rock? Okay, so I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree.

All that aside, I AM worried about the next generation. At least I gained weight on my own accord when I was older. But kids - is there any hope for them if they start packing on the pounds when they are young?

Becca said...

Wow! That is really crazy! And super depressing.

septembermom said...

Tomato paste??? Really??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile