- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, July 22, 2011
7:00 AM | | Edit Post
It was again hotter than the surface of the sun in Pennsylvania and that tends to bring people in droves to the pool.
All kinds of people.
You just never know when a life lesson might present itself. Best to have a notebook.
- Get your own table. Imagine if you got to the pool before everyone else. You sat your cooler down on a picnic table with an umbrella and started to spray your kids with sunscreen only to be accossted by a freak and his whining 12 year old implying that you "stole" their table. Say what? I don't see you name on it. There is one there, and there, and there and oh look there is even one over there.
- Butterflies have small brains. This really isn't all that hard to imagine when you think of how tiny their heads are but seriously you have an entire open meadow to fly around in and yet you can't stopp landing on the water? Are you suicidal? There's a kids book for you--Ben the Suicidal Butterfly and how he learned that life is worth living. My kids had to save his sorry butt like four times. Finally they released him on the other side of the fence.
- Friends vs. siblings My kids can play for hours at the pool without annoying me as long as they have a friend. God forbid that friend is on vacation and they have to play the same game with each other. This will result in incredible amounts of whining, physical assaults, and crying.
- Rafts, Rafts and Rafts. We have a handful of rafts. Some of which we store at the pool and some of which we don't. The raft room has become so overcrowded as of late that it takes at least 20 minutes to find your raft. The kids love to search for the raft (which works out well for me) but this week they learned why keeping them there isn't the best idea when the found out their beloved innertube was trampled and popped.
- You took a bite of what? My neighbors little girl has these foam squirt guns. They are really cool and the squirt really far. She left it by the stairs when she realized she had to go to the bathroom. Some little boy picked it up and took a HUGE bite out of it. Really? Who does that? Even if you're four, that still seems like an unacceptable behavior. Him mom took it off of him, sat it back down and walked with him to the other side of the pool. No I'm sorry. No Nothing.
What did you learn this week?
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.