My Fan Club

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Five of my most favorite movies

While touring the great state of Florida this past week, my hubby and I decided to discuss our all-time favorite movies. I couldn't pick just one. As of today, these are my top five. (who knows...they might change tomorrow)

In no particular order...



The Princess Bride

This movie has everything...romance, violence and, of course, true love. I love the character that Billy Crystal plays and his line "Have fun storming the castle" has become a sort of mantra around our house. Who wouldn't cheer for Inigo? And who doesn't love Andre the Giant.

Favorite line: "I do not think that word means what you think it means."
Undercover Blues

Jane and Jeff Blue are ex-spies on maternity leave visiting New Orleans and finding themselves caught up in all sorts of mayhem, including multiple mugging attempts by the worst criminal in the world...Muerte.

Best quote:

Muerte: My name is Muerte, my name is death!
Jeff: Oh, hi, Morty.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

This is a classic. If you have ever had an overdose of family, especially during the holidays, then this movie is sure to make you laugh yourself silly.

Best quote...

Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark.



My Cousin Vinny

This movie makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. From the moment the duo gets arrested through the arrival of Vinny and his learn-as-you-go approach, this movie kills me.

Favorite quote:

Mona Lisa Vito: Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A fuckin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a fuck what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?


Alice in Wonderland

This is a masterpiece. The visual effects in this movie are stunning AND it has Johnny Depp in it. It doesn't get much better than that.

Favorite quotes...

The Mad Hatter: [to Alice] You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness.

The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.


Leave me a comment and share with me your top five movies.

5 random thoughts:

Amy said...

WOW! I would definitely say that The Princess Bride and Christmas Vacation are in my top! I watch Christmas Vacation every year at Christmas (well... and other times of the year too).... I also love Dumb & Dumber, Kingpin, Wild Hogs, Disney movies, White Chicks (it's been playing a lot lately).... There are too many to name! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

OH YES! Brilliant list, we could son hang out and watch movies :)

Kristie Maynard said...

My all time favorite movie is "To Sir With Love" Great movie! I'd have to really think about 4 others that go on that top 5. Hard to narrow it down, I tend to love movies that come in a series. Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Indiana Jones. Don't think I could narrow it down to just 5.
You do have some great picks there though.

Rebecca said...

love your choices my favorite is by far Alice in wonderland huge tim burton/johnny depp fan

kt moxie said...

The Princess Bride is ALWAYS my favorite... and almost anything with Johnny Depp + Tim Burton are favs in my book. Great list -- but I wouldn't expect any less from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile