My Fan Club

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2011 Graduation #3

There was a threat of rain today and I was concerned that commencement might be forced indoors.  So I was delighted when the threat passed and I was again able to attend an outside graduation.

Outside graduations are the best.

I saw just over 200 students graduate, listened to 7 speeches and took this awesome picture of the kids tossing their caps. 

My favorite quote of the evening was spoken by the superintendent and I think you will be able to figure out why.  It's not Dr. Seuss, but it's close.


"The turtle is a great animal.  In order for it to move, it has to stick its neck out. 
Don't hid in a shell.  Meet the challenges of your life head on."


Are you meeting the challenges of your life head on?

4 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes think the challenges of life are smacking me in the head...but I keep trying :)

Kristie Maynard said...

I'm not only trying to meet them, I'm trying to run them over like a steam roller!

septembermom said...

I better start sticking my neck out a little further.

Great post to get me thinking. Thanks.

Jenners said...

Love the photo! You only get one shot at something like this and you go it! That quote is wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile