My Fan Club

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Things that seemed a little off about today

Today was just one of those days.

Yesterday the weather was beautiful.  Spring was in the air.  The temperature was high, the air was sweet and it felt good to be alive.  Today it was nothing but rain, rain and more rain.

I felt off.  People kept asking me what was wrong.

The answer:  I don't know.  I just felt off.

I don't think I was the only one.  Here are just a few things I noticed today that seemed a little off.



  1. I actually saw someone at a gas station picking up a pack of cigarettes wearing one of these.  Remember these things?  Banana Clips?  Can you seriously imagine that conversation?  "I need to run and get some smokes, but it's raining and dreary out.  I think I'll just pull my hair up into this mane.  It always looks good like that." HUGE FAIL.
  2. Every day at school, along with the Pledge of Allegiance, our students say a pledge that includes the line "I will treat others the way I would like to be treated."  Today it felt like they all forgot this part.
  3. I watched this tonight.


The entire episode was a gag fest.  Especially the meat demonstration.  But I will spare you all the details.  What was one of the main topics?  Flavored milk.  I thorn in my side in many posts.  I have seen with my own eyes students dumping 28 grams of sugar on their Lucky Charms to start the day.  What part of that screams healthy?  However, I've also seen what happens when chocolate milk is not offered and there are alot of tears and a lot of kids who won't take any milk, my oldest daughter being one of them.

4.  DWTS--Who told the big wigs at ABC that making the DWTS results show an hour long was a good idea.  It is killing me.  I so wish that Raising Hope was new tonight.

5.  School Budget Stories.  I feel like I've been spending the better part of my life working on school budget stories.  They all have the same doom and gloom feeling to them and I think they may be contributing to my bad mood.  BRING ON GRADUATIONS.    At least they are hopeful.

Did you notice anything odd today?

6 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

its funny, I was just telling my bro that today was weird...those clips are so funnnnnnnnny, my sis used to wear one and tease out the mane and spray the hell out of it with hairspray....oh memories...lol

kt moxie said...

You will have to keep us updated on your opinions of the "Food Revolution" show. I'm very curious to get an "insider's" view.

Jenners said...

Well we did have that awfully nice day and then BAM...back to gloom and rain. It is enough to throw anyone off.

Becca said...

I always feel so down and out of it when a beautiful day is followed by an ugly, rainy day. All I want to do is lay in bed. Apparently, it sounds like banana clip lady probably should have!

Unknown said...

You can tell I'm getting old - I don't pay a lot of attention to bad fashion anymore.

School budget issues seem to be the big stories everywhere. I just hope that some resolution is found in my lifetime. {*grin*}

septembermom said...

I have those feeling off days too. Today wasn't so great. I really don't know why, but I'm hoping that tomorrow is a better one.

Banana clips. Haven't seen one of those in years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile