My Fan Club

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just a quick post to let you know that I'm still alive

Drum roll.............

I completed my NaNoWriMo novel!

Even faced with a lot of crap out of my control, I managed to write more than 50,000 words during the month of November.

That being said, I also neglected my blog, and a lot of housework, forgot to feed the dog (don't worry he can use a few less meals) and decided to give up cooking.

All for the love of writing.

As for whether or not the story is any good, I can't say.  I love the characters I created.  In fact when one of them died unexpectedly in a car accident I was quite upset.  This story seemed to come to life for me.  Often I would sit at the computer, totally clueless as to what I was going to type and soon I would have 2000 more words. 

I had no idea how it would end and I'm happy with the way it turned out. 

December I will spend a lot of time editing and making sure I didn't change any one's name half-way through the piece.  But as for Nano, I may be addicted.  The entire experience for me was excellent.

I'll hopefully be back in the swing of things at this here blog starting December 1st!

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, once its published I want a signed copy:)

cheers

Kristie Maynard said...

Do we get a clue about it at all, or do we have to wait until it is published to find out?
Congrats on doing this, it is a huge undertaking. I have been keeping up with Rachelle Christiansen on her journey with this challenge too. Looks like she'll make it too.

Scattered Scrapper said...

Congrats!! What an awesome accomplishment. I don't think I even know 50,000 words :o)

Jenners said...

I bow before you!! I'm very very impressed, and I too would like an autographed copy!

Gina said...

Congrats! Can we read it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile