- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Thursday, June 10, 2010
7:50 PM | | Edit Post
Playing along with Mama Kat and this week's prompts were all great.
I decided on the one entitled Before I was a mom...
- I knew what it felt like to be bored.
- I was certain that being pregnant would be easy.
- I was adamant that my toddler would never, under any circumstances, use a pacifier. (All three of my kids sucked on them until they were ***gasp*** three)
- I never yelled in public.
- I knew what it felt like to sleep in.
- I thought potty training would be a simple process.
- I knew my child would love me and therefore do exactly what I asked immediately.
- I was positive that I would never say things like..."Because I said so"...."Don't roll your eyes at me"..."Is that really a nice tone to take with your mother?"
- Under no circumstances would I ever want my child to just leave me alone.
- I wouldn't have even considered skipping pages in a book while reading to my non-reader just to make bed time come sooner.
- I was certain I would cry the first day of school and not the last day of school.
- I was certain my child would know their alphabet, be able to tie their shoes and write their name BEFORE they started kindergarten. 1 out of 3 ain't bad.
- Before I was a mom, I never knew unconditional love.
- I never had a newborn look at me like I was the most amazing person they had ever laid eyes on.
- I rarely received butterfly kisses on my nose.
- I didn't know what it was like to have a tiny hand long to hold mine.
- I didn't know how fun giving piggyback rides could be.
- No one ever argued over who got to brush my hair.
- I never felt truly complete.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.