My Fan Club

Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Update: rain, rain go away

This weekend's weather was a little wet.  It started raining late Thursday and the last time I checked it was still raining.  My yard looks like a swamp.  My dog is much more excited about this than I am.

When the weather sucks what else is there to do but bake.

So we made rainbow cupcakes.



Aren't they cool?



All you need is a white cake mix and some food coloring.


Start with the purple, than add the blue, the green, the yellow, the orange and the red.

Top it off with a big white cloud of icing.

Yummy.

Friday night was our school's hoedown.  The kids had a blast.  The sound system wasn't working all that well and hearing the music is kind of what a hoedown is all about, but only the adults seemed to notice.

Middle G played the Dulicmer



Do you think we may be rednecks?


5 random thoughts:

Jenners said...

Those cupcakes are cool!

And just think, if it was colder, all this rain would be snow!

Anonymous said...

baking is always a good idea;) and the rainbow cupcakes are brilliant;)

Becca said...

Those cupcakes are so neat!

Enfys said...

Well, at least it's not snow, rain must be better than snow? Loved the video, a star in the making?
hugs
En x

septembermom said...

Love to bake with the kids. Always fun. Those are nice looking cupcakes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile