My Fan Club

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Let's Get Crafty Saturday - Birthday Book



kisatrtle

Being cooped up for the last few days has given me the opportunity to catch up on a few things.  Like backing up my photographs, cleaning out  my closet and organizing my kids rooms.

I also had an opportunity to scrapbook middle G's 8th birthday party.  It was fun doing all the pool pics while the snow was falling.



Here she is with her pool shaped cake and the invitation I made.  I like to keep a copy for her book.  Someday she may get a kick out of looking at it.


The top picture is Middle G shooting out the water slide and the bottom photo is G and two of her classmates.  On the right hand side of the page are more party guests as well as little G.


More swimming pics including Grammie in the pool with the cousins.  The shark is from the life's a beach cricut cartridge as is the flamingo on the page before.



Here is a close up of the cake and the singing and blowing out the candles page.  I should have mentioned that the book is 8x8 so there really isn't a lot of room for a lot of photos.


More pics of guests.  This time they are eating cake.  The crab and the octopus are also from the Life's a Beach cartridge.



Look how happy G is opening her presents.  She had a blast and really liked the pink swim cover up and the shades.  LOL


Last page.  Finishing up gifts and wrapping up the party.  It was a lot of fun and the weather was fantastic.  Not a snow flake in the sky!!!

6 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

these are awesom,e....very talented;)

septembermom said...

I wish I made birthday books for my kids. I'm the mom who always seems to have the broken camera during the party. I really have to work harder at capturing memories.

Your book is wonderfully done. So pretty and organized. Terrific.

Gina said...

That's awesome. I am not a good scrapbooker. Maybe I could hire you out to do some for me.

Janis Lewis said...

AWESOME! I love it!

Becca said...

That scrapbook is SO cute! I know your kids are going to be so thankful you did those for them one day. I wish I had your scrap booking talent!

Jenners said...

So cute! I love that you do this for them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile