My Fan Club

Friday, January 22, 2010

Maybe I should showcase a craft every now and again


It's funny, but when I started this blog I had every intention of posting all sorts of marvelous creations.
Then I started talking about the trials and tribulations of being a mom, being a writer, being a lunch lady.

And this blog became a little bit more true to my life.

chaotic.

disorganized.

random.

Just the way I like it.




Today's featured craft is a paint can that I altered into a New Aunt Survival kit for a fellow writer friend of mine who was over the moon excited about the arrival of her first niece.



The babies are from the New Arrival cricut cartridge and the faces are peachykeen stamps.  I just love, love, love her stamps!

It says and contains:

Cotton Balls...to offer to your brother and sister-in-law when they can’t hear themselves think.

Goldfish cookies to remember to splash and sing!

Candy...to remind you that every child can be sweet (and a little sour).

Kisses...plenty to give and receive

Puzzle Piece...to remind you that you are an important piece in the journey of your niece

Marbles...to replace the ones you’re sure to lose

Band-Aid...to fix all of life’s little hurts

Dum Dums...to remind you to laugh...and be a little silly

Chapstick - to help your family lick any problem that comes their way

Nail Polish - to remember to get a little girly now and then

Aspirin...for when all else fails...take two

Peppermint...to remind you that your job as Aunt is worth a mint.

Congrats on your sweet new niece!

5 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful and BRILLIANT

well done my friend

Janis Lewis said...

That is so creative! I think I'll have to steal this idea and adapt it for my daughter who is expecting her first baby in a few weeks. Hmmm, I better get started fast!

Jenners said...

This is really really creative and cute!!!

And I think everyone's blogs change their focus once they exist for awhile.

Scattered Scrapper said...

This is gorgeous!! I have always loved these altered paint cans, but have never made one. What a cool gift to receive. Did you make up the little saying that goes with it? FYI-I love your real life blog!

Becca said...

Oh my goodness! That is the cutest thing ever! How creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile