My Fan Club

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Those are the rules so suck it up


It's time for mama kat's workshop. Are you participating? Visiting? The prompt, write your own playground rules.
These rules are for both the children and the adult providing them transportation and thereby assuming responsibility for them.
  1. Flip flops and mulch are not friends.
  2. Shoving, kicking and pulling hair is not "just being a boy." Try parenting.
  3. Take turns.
  4. Dress like you are going to the playground. This goes for the parent/guardian as well.
  5. Swing pushing/riding has a time limit.
  6. Go to the bathroom before you get in the sandbox.
  7. Ask your mother, not me, to tie your shoes, take you to the bathroom, or push you on the swing.
  8. If you bring a lunch, clean it up. Try to remember that you are the example.
  9. Dogs that can't be touched are not invited to the park.
  10. Treat others as you would like to be treated...say hello to the new mom who showed up by herself. Invite her to talk or socialize with your friends. Encourage your children to be friends with someone new.

I guess these rules won't solve any world crisis, but they sure would make going to the playground a lot more fun!

4 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

number 9...very true;)

loved them all

Jenners said...

I like your take no crap attitude and rules!!

The Princess of Sarcasm said...

The hypochondriac MIL should hang out with my hypochondriac FIL. When his sister got breast cancer, he told everyone at church he had at tumor. My father was telling him all his ailments and all of a sudden my FIL had the same things. I could go on an on.........it's ridiculous!!!!

KatBouska said...

It's amazing how many people fail to follow these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile