- 2013 (63)
- 2012 (189)
- 2011 (227)
- 2010 (222)
- 2009 (293)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (1)
Friday, September 25, 2009
9:24 PM | | Edit Post
It's time for Friday High Five over at Angela's blog and you should be playing along. Why aren't you? It's fun?
Today I had a yard sale.
I hate having yard sales and I'm not sure why I waste my time with them. Every time I do, I always say "I'm not doing that again."
- I need a small army to get ready for a yard sale. Small armies are not easy to come by so I always end up doing everything myself.
- People will try to barter over $1.00. I had two bar stools in my garage forever. I put them in the sale for $1.00 a piece and someone actually asked if she could have them both for $1.50. I realize that getting a deal has some bragging rights but really...seriously. Who you gonna brag that one to? After all of that she has the nerve to ask me if I can break a $10.
- A quarter here and a quarter there equals 50 cents. I mean seriously if you add up the hours it took me to get ready and the hours I wasted sitting there I made about $1.25 an hour.
- What you think will sell will not. Why did someone by my random miscellaneous box of string but not my daughters old bike? I have the bike listed for $5.00 frickin dollars and someone had the nerve to offer $3.00. Seriously? Do you want me to break a $50 for ya too?
- I can never sell enough. And by enough I mean every piece of crap I hauled out to the driveway.
What did you do today? I made $18.25 and I'm thinking about drinking it.
- I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.