My Fan Club

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who I'm praying for

When I saw this week's writer's prompt over at Mama Kat's I thought, "Wow, can I really write about that. Can I just write about one?"

There are so many people I am praying for that I cannot just mention one.

I am praying for my mom; she hasn't been feeling well and an ultrasound found a cyst on her kidney. She had some sort of dye injected into her on Monday and is awaiting her test results. Options range from "Oh it's nothing" to "Sorry you have kidney cancer." I am praying that she can handle whatever may come to be.

I am praying for my nephew; he has juvenile diabetes and lately his blood sugar has been spiking all over the place.

I am praying for my other nephew; he is almost 20 months old and he doesn't stand up. He doesn't creep, cruise or any other "c" word for walk. I am worried about him.

I am praying for my sister-in-law's dear friend, Jess. She is a young mother of four. Her children are all under the age of 8. She has breast cancer. Her baby is only 6 months old. She has been sick since her last trimester and right now isn't doing very well.

I am praying for my grandmother, who is trying to start living again after the death of my grandfather.

I am praying for many things. Too many? I'm not sure. How will things turn out? I don't know. Do I believe prayer makes a difference? Absolutely!

4 random thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I believe it does too. I don't know what I would do without my faith and prayer. Really.

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Never too many prayers! :) I prayed just now for yours... I know God is working in all those situations... frustrating when we don't know what that working will lead into though, isn't it?

Enfys said...

i believe in prayer too, hoping and praying your mum has a really positive, encouraging result to her tests.
hugs
Enfys xx

Jenni said...

Prayer does help! I hope your mom gets good news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile