My Fan Club

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let's talk OBSESSION

Mama Kat's assignment this week will allow me to bore you all to death with my crafting obsession, which lately has turned into a craft supply collection. Lately, I've been creating very little with all the stuff I love to accumulate.



This is my new Cricut Expression! Santa brought it for me! It is a die cutting machine. Basically, you never need an alphabet sticker again. You just type it and out comes the word in whatever size you want. LOVE IT! It also makes a slew of different characters and designs.





These are the the cartridges that work in the above cricut. I've been accumulating them since 2006. I used to have the small machine until Santa delivered the mother load... LOL




I'm I the only one annoyed by the fact that one of the carts in this picture is upside down??? Yeah, probably. Two ton of laundry all over the place and I'm concerned about an upside down cartridge.




More of the random stuff I haven't used. But seriously, who can pass up Donald Duck on a bottle cap?? IMHO, everyone should have at least two.


If you have any colored pencils at all, you should have Prismacolor. They have deep shades that blend easily. Just talking about them makes me want to color something.



This is my rubber stamp cabinet. As you can see, it is over flowing with stamps I really need to use. They are beckoning me to stamp and color them with Prisma...LOL




The last obsession for this post is well worth mentioning, especially for all you actual scrapbookers. This album may look like any ol' 12x12 book. But it's not; it is held together by velcro and manufactured by a company call Scrap It Simple. It is totally awesome to not have to deal with any type of binding.


For the two of you who actually made it to the end of this post thanks. Deb, if you happen to be one of those two people...I want you to know that I was torn between writing this post or a post about my other obsession which, of course, is flossing. **smile**

8 random thoughts:

Summer said...

wow! You are so organized. It's motivating!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see your whole scrapbooking room. I love scrapbooking! I just moved everything out of my basement and into a spare bedroom but it's still a jumble.

Jenners said...

Wow! This is amazing! I've been a very lax scrapper -- my son's scrapbook stops at about 4 months (he is 4 now) but that machine is awesome! I could never ever justify it to my husband though. I'd have to be churning out about 100 pages a day. And the velcro book is really cool too! I'm sure a lot of people will be loving this post! And I love how organized you are! A stamping cabinet! Lovely!

Jenners said...

After your post, I went here:

http://michelle-onecraftymama.blogspot.com/2009/01/obsessionby-michelle_07.html

I am sending her to you too -- I think you guys should "know" each other!

Los said...

I'm a fan of Goofy ... I've always loved the "Sport Goofy" series from Disney ... the hockey one, and the baseball one are great, and even the skiing one ... I know this really doesn't have much to do with your post, but you brought back memories with the Donald Duck comments.

Michelle said...

Jenner is so right......we really needed to meet as we are two peas in a pod. :)

I have been telling myself that I don't need a circuit. I already have so many die cuts (Sizzixs & Quickutz) that I can't justify getting an actual machine that does the work for you in different sizes.......oh I really do need it!

I started a stamp collection. Not as impressive as yours, but I just started and the year is young.

My newest expensive accessory has been buying Copic markers. Oh my goodness, they are pure love!

Ok, I could go on and on.

Nice to meet a fellow obsessor.

Shannon said...

I have only been a paper-crafter for less than a year and I am a TOTAL supply junkie! I got the smaller Cricut for Christmas and I am so pumped! My only issue is no cartridges...*sigh* I have to save my pennies to feed my habit! LOL I have been DROOLING over the copics...:o)

KatBouska said...

Oh my gosh you are hard core for real!! Wow. That's awesome!

And no. I did not notice the upside down cartridge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile