My Fan Club

Friday, March 5, 2010

What I learned in the cafeteria this week


This was our first full week of school in quite a while and I can tell because I'm dog tired today.  The sad thing about this statement is I only work about 27 hours a week. 

This week I learned:

  • Kids will take any fruit you sit out if you put a dollop of fat free whipped cream on it.
  • They won't eat the fruit, just the whipped cream.
  • It is possible to go to school for 125 days and still not know how to just buy milk.
  • Principals have to handle a lot of miscellaneous crap and they don't get paid enough.
  • I live in a district that will be having a hoedown next week.  Middle G is preforming.
  • I do not know what you should wear to a hoedown.
  • Dr. Seuss is cause for a week-long celebration.


So this weekend remember to "be who your are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." ~Seuss

6 random thoughts:

septembermom said...

Big Seuss celebration in my son's school today. Funny how they will only eat the cream. They sound like me:)

Anonymous said...

doc suese is always cause for celebration:)at nay age;)

Gina said...

I hear you on the fruit+whipped cream thing and the week-long Dr. Seuss celebration! Hilarious!!

Jenners said...

Oh ... wear overalls to a hoedown.

Jenners said...

I have to know: Did you serve green eggs and ham this week?

Dr. Suess was a week-long celebration in my son's school too. And I totally think he deserves it!!!

Becca said...

I LOVE that quote! Hope y'all find something for the hoedown and be sure to take tons of pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile