My Fan Club

Monday, June 18, 2012

My summer Goals: Ten Things I'd like to accomplish

I like making lists.

I think it has something to do with my ADD brain and the need to see everything directly in front of me.

Here are a few things I'd like to accomplish over my summer vacation.

READ.  My book club is helping with this a little.  I am reading books that I wouldn't normally pick and for that I am very thankful.  It also forces me to read at least one a month. Over break I want to read five books.

DECLUTTER.  I told the kids that every Tuesday (which is the day before garbage day) that it is "Throw a bag of crap out day"  I am going to do it too.  Hopefully by the end of summer we will have a lot less crap.

CELEBRATE.  I turn (gasp) 40 at the end of July and I would like to celebrate with family and friends.  I'm just not really sure how.  Any suggestions?

PEDICURES.  I don't really pamper myself but I love a good pedicure.  Having just gone with my daughter for her 11th birthday, I have decided that I will go again in July and again in August before school starts back up.  Do you have any indulgences?

FIRE AND FRIENDS.  I am very social. I would have people over every weekend if I could.  My husband...not so much.  I am hoping we can find a comfortable medium and have a few friends over for some fires.

PAINT.  I put this one on all the time, but it's so much work.  The girls want to redo their room.  Lord have mercy, can we do it?

SCRAPBOOK.  I am going to attempt to do 30 pages (just 10 pages a month) in my scrapbooks.

BULLETIN BOARDS.  Like every year, I told the teachers I would cut some things for them and my list is upstairs.  I should probably not wait until the last minute.

UNPLUG.  I spend too much time online.  I really need to walk away from the computer more often.

SUBMIT, SUBMIT, SUBMIT.  I need to keep putting my book out there.  I need to take rejection with my head held high and to continuously remember that I am a good writer.  Persistence is half the battle.

Other than hanging at the pool with B and forcing my kids to practice their instruments, I have nothing else on the agenda.  The kids and I may travel to see my mom's new property and hopefully we'll sneak in a visit with my sister.

What do you have planned this summer?  I'd love to hear your goals, unless they're drop 15 lbs and train for a half marathon.  Then you're just showing off... (smile)

4 random thoughts:

JULIANA said...

Love your list! It certainly sounds do-able!!!
We are planning to visit family as part of our to do list this summer instead of going on any big vacations. And we have some organizing/decluttering we need to do as well! I love your bag of crap concept alot!!! ;)

Rebecca said...

i got the reading covered the rest i'd have to work on good luck with making your list a reality

Kristie Maynard said...

You have a lot of very doable things on your list! I hadn't really thought about a summer list as nothing much changes around here in the summer. My kids are still working, my hubby is still traveling, working and doing art shows and I'm still plugging along with my end of the business. But there are a couple things I'd like to do.
Get my craft room in order, so I can actaully create something in there, it's been in the middle of a re-do for far too long.
I want to take a road trip with my friend. We've done this before, she comes here and we drive across NY state to CT, visit her son and family, then drive back a different route. We stop at scrapbooking and stamping stores along the way and just generally have fun and do a lot of laughing.
And I am like you, I love to have friends over. There are a couple we don't see often enough and having a fire in the evening is a great way to socailize.
Other than that, I plan to just do my usual thing and spend some time laying around in the yard reading.

Jenners said...

I think these are great goals … lots of diversity, some work, some pampering, some chores, some professional stuff. Best of luck working on them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile