My Fan Club

Thursday, February 2, 2012

An open letter to the mouse in our house: Part two

Dear house mouse,

You are lucky that my son is an animal lover. You are lucky that my husband is flexible.

I told you yesterday that you were a goner.

I warned you that the lemon cookies were the last straw.

Then my son came home with a live trap. Catch and release.

And after five days of avoiding death in a snap trap, we caught you on the first try with the live trap.

My son was giddy with happiness.

He got dressed at 6:30 in the morning just so he could let you go. He went for a walk with Daddy and they let you go in a field.

Little G said, "Mom, he was so happy he was dancing!".

You better keep on dancing far away from those lemon cookies!

Best wishes, Mr. Mouse.

~kisa~

6 random thoughts:

~Wendy said...

Have your kids had the pleasure of reading Stuart Little or The Mouse and the Motorcycle? I cannot but help but remember those books when I read these mouse posts. ;o)

Cap'n Salty said...

Teehee, there is a mouse loose in my house right now too, specifically in Bean's room, since it's one of hers and it escaped last night. Mayhaps I should bait it with some lemon cookies!

Jenners said...

I'm very glad this story had such a happy ending!

Kristie Maynard said...

He's probably munching on someone else lemon cookies as we speak! BUT at least they aren't your lemon cookies.

Wendy said...

Mr. Mouse would not be as lucky at my house. Mr. Mouse will meet the death trap if he decides to visit my house.

DeepBlue said...

Way to go Little G! You saved Mom from becoming a murderer and living a life tormented with guilt and remorse!

;)
Hugs
Jon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile