My Fan Club

Thursday, October 13, 2011

OUCH! What's the last thing your child cried about?

There was a time in my life when I had three children under five.

The house was filled with crying.  Honestly, most of it was me.

Of course, as my children grew the crying was slowly replaced with whining and I became pretty good at deciphering when the cry was real and when the cry was not.

Now a days, my 12 year old whines....A LOT.

She doesn't often cry, and when she does she likely has a good reason..

Today the cry was real and I wasn't there.

Today strangers came to her aid after she dropped a drafting tablet on her foot.  The corner of the tablet landed directly on her great toe and she was wearing open toe sandals. 

To say her toe was a bloody mess seems anti-climatic.

I am very thankful to the three teachers that ran to her help her.  I thought it was exceptionally nice that one of them called her at home this evening to make sure she was well.

She is in a shoe similar to the one I wore this summer after I broke my foot in an inflatable bounce house  What can I say?

Like mother like daughter...



7 random thoughts:

Unknown said...

:-( So sad... I know how you must have felt... My 8 year old broke her leg this summer and I was 2 hours away from her... Needless to say I felt like someone had punch me in the stomach... Hope your daughter feels better soon...
Jess
Girl In Shoes

Anonymous said...

do we ever stop whinning? I'm 44 and still do it...daily. LOL

hugs

Kristie Maynard said...

Awwww! Poor kid! I hope her toe is feeling better very quickly. I'm not sure what the last thing my child cried about was. I just know she was on the phone the other evening and she was crying. Probably another friend difficulty. Seems she has a lot of those lately.

Jenners said...

Awww…poor thing. That is really nice of the teacher to check on her at home.

And have you figured out a way to stop whining? My 7-year-old has got a bad bad bad case of it.

KatBouska said...

Eeek!! My brother broke his toe in a similar fashion a few years back and said HE was blinking away tears. He's 6'9 and over 200 pounds...not even THAT big guy could hold them back. Those injuries are so painful!!

Really sweet that teacher called to check up on her!

Pat said...

Poor baby! A broken toe REALLY hurts! I've broken my baby toe SEVERAL times! It sucks!

DeepBlue said...

We really don't need that, do we?

At least, there is one happy toe!
:)
Hugs
Jon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile