My Fan Club

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Writer's Workshop: If you really knew me...

If you really knew me you would know that my feelings are easily hurt.

If you really knew me you would know that I feel like the book I wrote will never be read by a publisher.

If you really knew me you would know that I don't eat processed meat.

If you really knew me you would know that my relationship with my mom is a work in progress.

If you really knew me you would know that I care deeply for my friends and would do just about anything to help them.

If you really knew me you would know that my kids fight like beta fish, all puffed up and threatening, but love each other anyway.

If you really knew me you would know that I don't take things very seriously, but the things I do take seriously really mean a lot to me.

If you really knew me you would know that I LOVE to make people laugh.

If you really knew me you would know that I met my husband when I was 16 years old and we both worked at Burger King.

If you really knew me you would know that while I never pictured myself where I currently am in my life I am for the most part happy.

If you really knew me you would know that I am happy (most of the time) writing stories about speed humps and school budgets for the afternoon newspaper.

If you really knew me you would know that I am happy (most of the time) serving lunch to K-3 students.



This post was inspired by Mama Kat's writer's workshop
Go visit her.  She's awesome.


4 random thoughts:

Crystal said...

I read everything you post and find myself nodding in agreement, laughing and crying. So thank you! I decided to play along with you at Mama Kats. Here is a link: http://crystalscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/04/if-you-really-knew-me.html

kt moxie said...

A lunch lady that does not eat processed meat... are these things related? hmmmm.... :)

Love your blog!

Jenners said...

Now I am imagining your children as betta fish! And you met your husband at age 16 and you are still together? Wow!

septembermom said...

It's a great gift to make people laugh.

Loved the post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile