My Fan Club

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend update - traveling for Easter, dying some eggs, visiting with friends

We had a fun weekend visiting with family and friends and celebrating Easter just a wee bit early.  The kids enjoyed coloring eggs with Grandma.  My hands and theirs still reflect this activity.
Copper came along and wasn't sure what to make of being tied outside.  He enjoyed the sunshine, but missed the freedom of our fenced in yard.  I really like this picture of all the "kids".
Sharon really liked her wreath and many of you commented that you would like me to share instructions with you on how to make one.  They are really simple and only take a few hours to complete.
First you need to buy a styrofoam wreath and a complimentary paper pack.  The one I used for this one was a spring back but I'm feeling to lazy to walk upstairs to find the exact name.  Cut the paper you pick out into 6 inch by 1 inch strips and staple the ends together so that you have a big ol' pile of loops.  Then you need to break out the hot glue gun and get to gluin'.  The most important thing to remember is to STAGGER the loops.  If you line them up it looks really stupid and you will wish you had staggered them.  Trust me on this one.
The finished project looks like this one and I glued a ribbon on the back for easy hanging.  If you make one link me too it so I can come and check it out.
Hope you had a great weekend.

2 random thoughts:

Shannon said...

Wen,
Your wreath is just gorgeous! I am gonna have to try that for sure...now I just need to wait for the paper packs to go on sale...hehehe

Blessings!

Word is: unconat, This is the guy married to your Auntie Em.

Becca said...

I am definitely going to have to try the wreath. I guess I will have to wait unti the next holiday! They could make some adorable Christmas gifts though. Thanks for the directions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
kisatrtle
I'm a 41 year old (gasp) freelance writer, school cafeteria manager, wife and mother. I have three children and one anxious and overweight beagle. I use my blog to make others laugh, to share some cool crafts, to document my lunchlady adventures and to lament about the challenges faced by us all on the journey called life. Thanks for visiting. Please leave some crack...um...I meant some comments.
View my complete profile